Medicare Annual and Immigration Physicals
Medicare Annual "Wellness" Visits
If you have subscribed to Medicare Part B for longer than 12 months, you qualify for this visit to develop or update a personalized prevention help plan. This plan is designed to help prevent disease and disability based on your current health and risk factors. It can also include:
- A review of your medical and family history
- Developing or updating a list of current providers and prescriptions
- Height, weight, blood pressure, and other routine measurements
- Detection of any cognitive impairment
- Personalized health advice
- A list of risk factors and treatment options for you
- Creating a schedule for appropriate preventive services.
Any individual applying for a visa must complete a medical exam. An immigration physical is not a full physical examination, but rather focuses on screening for specific conditions required by U.S. Immigration law. Not every physician can perform an immigration physical. He/she must be a designated civil surgeon to qualify.